Hi, I’m Patty Soud 🙂
Certified Personal Trainer since 2003 and creator of the Fitness for Surfers program.
I specialize in helping individuals to live healthier lives. I do this by educating on proper strength training, stretching, nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits. I’ve helped many clients (lots of them are athletes and surfers) to reach their specific goals with health and fitness and elevate their performance and participation.
I like to focus on building whole body strength, stretching for increased range of motion and rehabilitative movements to prevent and help with injury.
My training focuses on:
- Using functional exercises
- Developing full body strength
- Progressing balance with coordination
- Creating more range of motion throughout the entire body
- Preventing/rehabilitating injuries
- Relieving chronic pain through stretching and rehabilitative mobility exercises
I’ve been an avid surfer for over 10 years. Some of my greatest memories and best times have been had surfing both at home and abroad on surf trips. Surfing has taught me many things about the body, it has also helped to inspire me to create new exercises and stretch routines to better fit the specific needs of those that surf and want to improve their surfing experience.
Make no mistake – I’m a trainer who surfs. Not a surfer that trains a little or has just “discovered the benefits of training”.
This means that I have gained tons of hands-on experience over the past 12 years of my career, coaching and instructing athletes on the proper way to workout and train for performance. And, I’m serious about delivering results to my clients through my programs.
My Philosophy: Fitness & Nutrition are the Fountain of Youth
Live Healthy – Eat cLean – Be Strong: You only have one body, and one life. The healthier (and, stronger) you are, the more you can do, and the better you can do it.
Our bodies function from the inside out, and it is imperative to “clean house” for the best possible results. I truly believe that proper nutrition and regular exercise are the two best things you can do for your body; and when put together, this healthy lifestyle is the most natural form of medicine and anti-aging.
I graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of North Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree in Athletic Training and have been certified through the following organizations:
- ACE – American Council on Exercise
- ACSM – American College of Sports Medicine
- AFAA – Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
- APEX – Certified Fitness Professionals
- IFPA – International Fitness Professionals Association
- NCSF – National Council on Strength and Fitness