Surfing is a physically demanding sport. Strength, endurance and energy go into each paddle out and every wave caught.
For surfers, good nutrition is key to properly fueling your muscles and your mind to consistently surf your best. This is why nutritional balance is so important: proteins, carbs, fats and a variety of vitamins and minerals all work together to keep your body in balance: energized, strong and alert.
Well-balanced nutrition will absolutely change your life and your surfing. You’ll experience:
- More energy – balancing blood sugar leads to a huge energy boost
- More strength – well fueled muscles have more strength and endurance
- Heightened mental clarity – your brain requires a tremendous amount of nutrients to function properly
We believe that a solid breakfast is vital for healthy living, great surfing and to properly balance energy levels throughout the day.
To help with this, we want to share our favorite breakfast recipe:
The Surfers Breakfast Bowl
It’s simple to prepare, delicious and will easily keep you fueled through your morning session till lunch.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt – we use Fage/Wallaby brand
- ½ cup Hemp Granola no sugar added
- Handful of chopped unsalted walnuts
- ½ apple or peach – chopped
- Handful of blueberries or chopped strawberries
- Good pinch of unsweetened dried coconut
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of pure maple syrup
Mix together. Enjoy.
** tip – the hemp granola can be purchased on Amazon, at Whole Foods or in more grocery stores where the bulk food containers are located. Also, the yogurt should be Greek yogurt, and organic, if possible. We tend to use both Fage and Wallaby brands.
- 27g protein (from the yogurt)
- 46g carbs (mainly from the granola)
- 13g fat (from the walnuts, coconut, granola)
The nutritional balance (protein, carbs, fat) of this bowl will keep your body properly fueled through a morning session, or it can also be an excellent post workout snack!